Ultra Music Festival: EDM in Miami
What is Ultra Music Festival like ?
First and foremost, Ultra Music Festival is one of the world's largest electronic music festivals, with its headquarters in the beach party city of Miami, Florida, USA. The Ultra is taken from Depeche Mode's album of the same name. The first show took place in 1999, and the festival has since expanded to several other locations.
What should you anticipate? Massive performance and high efficiency. The experience is comfortable and enjoyable, and the stage set ups and spectacular effects that transform it into a total audio-visual spectacular blow the minds of tens of thousands of attendees each year.
After a two-year hiatus, Miami's largest electronic music festival returns to Bayfront Park in Downtown Miami this March. The glorious neon cherry on top of Miami Music Week's giant rave cake, Ultra is undoubtedly one of the city's most iconic—and divisive—annual events, beckoning over 50,000 day-trippers and candy ravers from around the world through its hallowed gates each day.
The three-day festival is environmentally friendly and includes over 30 sustainability initiatives. Russell Faibisch and Alex Omes founded the festival in 1999, and it was named after the Ultra Music label.
It was previously a two-day festival held on Miami Beach from 1998 to 2006. However, beginning in 2011, the festival was extended to three days in March. The most recent edition took place in 2019.
What began more than 20 years ago as a "little concert on the beach" has grown into one of the world's largest musical celebrations, attracting the biggest names in electronic music to the shores of Biscayne Bay. Ultra, set against the glittering backdrop of Downtown Miami, has evolved into a showcase for DJs and producers, where you're likely to hear breakout hits from big name artists performed live for the first time.
Where in Miami is Ultra Music Festival?
Where is the Ultra Music Festival in Miami? Ultra Music Festival 2023 will be held at Bayfront Park in Miami, Florida. It is the world's most prestigious electronic music festival! Ultra Music Festival (UMF) is taking place in Miami! You'll be surrounded by headbangers, stoners, and good vibes everywhere you go.
It's a place where you can rediscover your lost business persona and begin to rediscover your true fun self! If you're already thinking about attending the next UMF, you're on the right track. There is no specific type of audience that attends music festivals.
Music festivals are open to anyone who enjoys music and having a good time. If you've never been to a music festival before, there are a few things you should know to better prepare yourself for the excitement ahead. You can have the best experience possible if you know what to expect.
Where Is It, and Where Should I Stay?
The Ultra Music Festival takes place in Bayfront Park in Miami, Florida. It takes place from March 24th to March 26th. These are some of the most ideal festival dates!
Why? These dates are also congruent with Miami Music Week. Miami Music Week is a series of concerts and parties held throughout the city of Miami.
When you're not at Bayfront Park enjoying UMF, make sure to check out some of the other incredible concerts and parties going on in the area.
In the surrounding area, there are several excellent Miami hotels to choose from. It's best to look up the festival's location and then search for hotels in the area online. This is an excellent way to ensure that you find a room that meets your requirements.
Will you, for example, require a smoking room or one with a balcony? Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- The Miami Beach Edition
- Hotel Lowe's Miami Beach
- 1 Hotel South Beach
All of these options are nearby (less than 30 minutes) and have their own exciting activities at the hotel!
How am I going to get there?
You must first purchase your tickets before you can plan your trip. Tickets are available on the UMF website. After you have purchased your tickets, you can plan your route. Bayfront Park can be found at 301 N Biscayne Boulevard in Miami.
If you're coming from out of state, you should take an Uber or Lyft from the airport to your hotel or straight to the festival! If you intend to spend the majority of your time at the festival, the hotel, and the surrounding areas, you won't need to rent a car.
Using rideshare services to get around is a great idea because you won't have to worry about driving while intoxicated. Even if you drive your car to the hotel, consider taking a rideshare vehicle for the rest of the trip. You also won't have to worry about parking (which costs about $20 per day). You could also take the Metrorail, Tri-Rail, or Metromover.
What Kind of Music Should I Expect?
Artists for the festival's lineup aren't announced until the event nears. However, you can expect to hear electronica, experimental music, hip hop music, or, more simply, dance music at this festival! Bring your dancing shoes.
Some music favorites, such as Flume, may appear, as well as a few surprise guests. Every year, you never know what UMF has in store for you, so be prepared for the unexpected!
What is security like, and how can I keep myself safe?
Upon entry, you will be required to show security a form of identification as well as your wristband. Before entering the festival, the wristband will be scanned. Prepare to have your belongings searched as well.
Bags will be inspected by security to ensure that no dangerous items are brought in. The best plastic bags are clear, small plastic bags. Your bag should not be larger than 13"x17".
Stay safe by adhering to all of the festival's rules regarding what is and is not permitted. If you suspect any wrongdoing, you can always report it to security. Keep in mind that you'll also need to protect yourself from the elements.
What should I do to prepare for the weather?
Be prepared for a scorching experience. If you're not from Florida, be prepared for the sun to be harsher than you've ever experienced! At the same time, March brings beautiful weather to Florida, with a cool breeze by the water.
Bring plenty of sunscreen, sunglasses, and cool clothing. Music festival attire is colorful, fun, and vibrant, but it also keeps the wearer cool. You can bring a poncho if there is a chance of rain.
What should you wear to Ultra? Wear whatever you feel most at ease in! You'll be dancing and walking around all day, so dress appropriately. Because Ultra is a more global festival, you'll frequently see people waving flags representing their home country. Many people dress up in rave attire and costumes!
How many people are there at Ultra Music Festival?
Ultra Music Festival had its highest attendance ever in 2013, when the festival was expanded to two weekends. The total number of attendees that year was 330,000. Since then, the festival has been reduced to a single weekend and attracts between 150,000 and 165,000 people.
Is it possible to rent lockers at Ultra Music Festival?
Yes! Store your belongings safely, and keep your phone charged all weekend. You will have unlimited access to your locker during festival hours and will be able to come and go as you please!
The dimensions of the locker are 11" wide, 12" high, and 18" deep. You can leave your belongings in your locker overnight if you rent a multi-day locker! Each locker comes with (1) mobile charging pack (w/cords) that can be used to charge any of your devices for the duration of your locker rental. When the batter pack's battery runs out, simply exchange it for a new one at the locker reservation table.
What are some insider tips for having the best time possible?
Attending a music festival of any kind is like reuniting with long-lost friends! Make the most of this opportunity by remaining open to meeting new people. Everyone will surprise you with how friendly and welcoming they are!
If you see someone who appears to be in need of assistance, take a moment to check on them. They might require some water or assistance. The positive energy you send out will be returned to you.
Be prepared for a nose full of dirt! That's right, every night when you return to your hotel, make sure to clean out your nose. Clear away all the dust and dirt so you can get a good night's sleep and prepare for tomorrow's adventures!
- Ilegal or illicit substances, drugs, or drug paraphernalia are permitted.
- Weapons of any kind are permitted, including, but not limited to, pocketknives and self-defense sprays.
- Flammable items or liquids, such as aerosols or fireworks.
- Markers, pens, or spray paint allowed.
- Backpacks, purses, or bags are permitted, with the exception of bags made of clear plastic, clear vinyl, or clear PVC that do not exceed 13"x17" in size.
- Stuffed animals allowed.
- Outside food or beverages, including alcohol, are permitted.
- Bottles, cans, canteens, flasks, or coolers are permitted.
- Unopened OTC medications or eye drops
- Cigarette packs or tampons that have been opened.
- Pacifiers or glow sticks allowed.
- Balloons, balls, inflatable balls, frisbees, or flying disks are permitted.
- Umbrellas, chairs, blankets, sleeping bags, or tents are permitted.
- Bicycles, skateboards, hoverboards, scooters, and personal motorized vehicles are not permitted.
- There will be no drones or unmanned aerial vehicles.
- Animals are not permitted unless they are service animals assisting a person with a disability. Animals used for "comfort," "therapy," or "emotional support" do not meet the definition of a service animal and are not permitted to attend the Event.
- Long chains, chained wallets, or spiked jewelry allowed.
- Laser pens, laser pointers, or other focused light devices are permitted.
- Water guns, squirt guns, spray bottles, or misters are permitted.
- Musical instruments, noisemakers, or air horns are permitted.
- Professional cameras, flash cameras, video or audio recording equipment, or camera poles are permitted.
- There will be no poles, sticks, or "totems."
- Confetti, streamers, or loose glitter allowed (wearable cosmetics are acceptable)
- At the discretion of law enforcement or security officials, additional items may be prohibited.
- Hydration packs that do not resemble backpacks (empty upon entry)
- Clear plastic, clear vinyl, or clear PVC bags (no larger than 13"x17")
- A one-gallon zip-top clear plastic bag
- Belt pouches
- Small clutch bags, about the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, are permitted.
- Mobile phones
- Hats and sunglasses
- Glow-in-the-dark jewelry or costumes
- Upon entry, sealed packs of cigarettes
- E-cigarettes and vapes (Vape Juice and E-cigarette cartridges must be sealed upon entry)
- Consumer-grade cameras
- Action cameras, such as those made by GoPro
- When it comes to action cameras, yes to strap headwear or non-extendable handles.
- Banners and flags (no corporate or company branding; no hard poles)
- Powdered cosmetics
- Use sunscreen (Non-aerosol and sealed upon entry)
- Feminine goods (sealed upon entry)
- Prescription medication (you must bring the prescription/label in your name)
Forms of Identification Acceptable for Entry
- A valid United States passport or passport card
- A valid foreign government-issued passport (must have photo and date of birth)
- A valid foreign government-issued identification card or driver's license (with photo and date of birth), as well as a photocopy of a valid passport from the same country as the identification card or drivers license.
- U.S. military identification (active duty or retired military)
- Valid United States Driver's Licenses or other state photo identification cards issued by a State Department of Motor Vehicles (or equivalent) for the sole purpose of identification (must have photo and date of birth)
- A valid photo ID from a Native American tribe (must have photo and date of birth)
- A valid Canadian driver's license or identification card is required (must have photo and date of birth)
Forms of Identification Unacceptable for Entry
- Identification for schools
- Any type of expired identification
- Certificates of Birth
- Social Security Numbers
- Voter Registration Card
- Photocopies of any identification documents
Although festival goers are advised not to bring bags to the event, the following items are permitted:
- Bags made of clear plastic, clear vinyl, or clear PVC that are no larger than 13"x17" in size
- 1 gallon clear zip-top bag
- Small clutch bags the size of a hand, with or without a handle or strap, are permitted.
- Hydration packs that are NOT backpacks will be permitted (Please refer to the image below)
- "Fanny-pack(s)" or similar waist-packs are permitted.
- After a thorough inspection, exceptions will be made on a case-by-case basis for medically necessary items.
When is Ultra Music Festival in Miami?
When is the Miami Ultra Music Festival? Getting to the Ultra Music Festival 2023 is a watershed moment in the life of an EDM music fan. Why? The total drive atmosphere, energizing sound, and three days of dancing rage make it a must-have for your festival bucket list. The Festival will take place on the 24th, 25th, and 26th of March, 2023.
What time does Ultra Music Festival start?
When does the Ultra Music Festival begin? UMF will be operational for three days, from March 24 to March 26, 2023. Three days, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, are dedicated to pure EDM craziness!
2023 Ultra Music Festival Lineup
The lineup for 2023 has yet to be announced. After the announcement that Swedish House Mafia will headline, the festival is already shaping up to be one of the biggest editions yet. The trio last performed at Ultra Miami in 2018, when they reunited for the first time in five years, and with their album due out this year, their set is sure to be filled with new songs as well as classics.
How much are Ultra Music Festival tickets?
TIER 1 G.A. : $299.95
TIER 2 G.A. : $349.95
TIER 3 G.A. : $399.95
Please see the information below for assistance in purchasing your Ultra Music Festival General Admission ticket (s).
- General Admission Tier 3 tickets are available to the general public and are limited to four per order.
- GA tickets are only available in the form of 3-day wristbands.
- To attend, you must be at least 18 years old.
Tickets for Premium General Admission
$749.95 for a PGA 3-DAY TICKET
Premium General Admission ticket(s) will include the following features, which are new to Ultra Music Festival:
- Specific festival entry
- Use of improved, routinely cleaned, air-conditioned restroom facilities with private stalls located throughout the venue.
- Access to the PGA Lounge, which includes a relaxation area and a bar.
VIP TIER 1 3-DAY TICKET: $999.95
This year's Ultra Music Festival VIP ticket holders can expect the following perks:
- Faster entry via separate VIP entrances.
- In the VIP Village, there are dedicated restrooms and bars.
- Access to the elevated Main VIP deck, which offers spectacular views of the Ultra Main Stage.
- Access to various elevated viewing areas at other festival stages.
How to work for Ultra Music Festival?
How to get a job at the Ultra Music Festival? Festivals are becoming a summer staple all over the world, from massive music festivals to yoga, dance, arts, food, and beer festivals. Of course, festivals are not created by themselves. Putting on a festival requires a diverse and hardworking team.
As a result, there are numerous jobs associated with festivals. Some of these positions are typically full-time, while others are part-time. The benefit of all of them is that they allow you to participate actively in festival planning.
Here is a list of jobs that are appropriate for the Ultra Music Festival:
- Brand Ambassador
- Events Marketer
- Social Media Manager
- Travel and Lodging Coordinator
- Public Relations
- Sales Manager
- Event Producer
- Talent Booker
- Operations team
- Volunteer Coordinator
Music is way of life for a lot of people! You might want to check out Turntable if your passion is music and connecting with others who share the same love for music. If you seek a virtual music venue that will allow you to share your music and connect with fans worldwide then Turntable is your answer. Turntable is an early-stage startup dedicated to building the music metaverse.