Governors Ball Music Festival
What is the Governors Ball Music Festival?
What is the Governors Ball Music Festival all about? Governors Ball, along with Central Park SummerStage, BRIC Celebrate Brooklyn! at Prospect Park, and the Northside Festival, is one of the most anticipated summer concerts in New York City.
As one of the major summer music festivals in the United States, it competes for talent with Coachella and Austin City Limits, and after a hiatus due to the pandemic in 2020, it returned in the fall of 2021, so this year's event may feel rushed! Governors Ball 2022 is scheduled for Friday, June 10 through Sunday, June 12.
The Governors Ball first took place in 2011. It is well-known for its annual music festival, which now attracts over 70 musical guests. "Built by New Yorkers, for New Yorkers," the festival's website says. "The festival is always evolving, always entertaining, and always striving to exceed your expectations."
This year's Governors Ball will feature big-name rappers, well-known veteran acts, rising pop stars, and more at Citi Field. Here's our comprehensive guide to the Governor's Ball experience.
There are four stages and over 70 acts. A food program highlighting the best eats in the city and highlighting its incredible culinary diversity. Visual artists from New York and around the world will be exhibiting their work. A beverage program with popular name brands, craft beers, spirits, cocktail concoctions, and plenty of nonalcoholic options.
Mural towers, massive statues, and high-flying inflatables are examples of art installations. Unannounced pop-up performances that delight and surprise. The one-of-a-kind 360° festival layout eliminates sound bleed and long walks between stages. And much, much more.
Where is the Governors Ball Music Festival?
What is the location of the Governors Ball Music Festival? For the third year in a row, Governors Ball will be held outside Citi Field in its parking lot.
To get to Citi Field, take the 7 Train to Mets/Willets Point or the Q48 bus. You can also take the LIRR from Penn Station to Mets-Willets Point, which is two stops away. Trains will run every 30 minutes to the Mets–Willets Point station until 1 a.m. Finally, Uber and taxi pickups and drops are only permitted on 126th Street between Shea Road and Roosevelt Avenue.
What You Should Bring
- Small CLEAR single compartment bags (no larger than 12"x 6"x 12") / small clutch-type bag (no larger than 4.5" x 6.5") / one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar)
- A valid driver's license is required for will-call, entry, and/or the consumption of alcoholic beverages.
- Film and digital cameras for non-professional use
- Excellent vibes
- (2) Factory sealed bottles of water (non-glass containers) or, even better, bring an empty refillable bottle Phone charger or charging case
- A very cute outfit
- Suitable footwear
- At least two amusing jokes
What to Avoid Bringing
- All types of Weapons
- Substances That Are Illegal
- Any type of tobacco/smoking product (including e-cigs, vape, etc.)
- Outside Food – A personal sized food item is permitted with a doctor's note only for those with specific dietary restrictions.
- Large non-transparent backpacks or suitcases. Small CLEAR single compartment bags no larger than 12"x 6"x 12" / small clutch-type bag no larger than 4.5′′ x 6.5′′ / one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag are the only bags permitted into the festival (Ziploc bag or similar)
- Hard-sided or large coolers
- Baskets for Picnics
- Skateboards and other personal motorized vehicles
- Big Umbrellas (personal sized are okay)
- Lawn Furniture with hard backs
- Totems made of wood, metal, or PVC will not be permitted (this includes flap poles and heavy sticks.) Totems must be no taller than 6ft and no thicker than 1/2 inch. It must be made of a lightweight material.
- Any type of glass container
- Alcoholic beverages (alcohol will be sold at the festival)
- Necklaces/Chain Wallets
- Nun chucking
- Selfie Sticks (they obstruct vision).
- Laser pointing devices
- Professional still photography equipment (no detachable lenses, no tripods, big zooms, or commercial use rigs)
- Audio/video recording gear
- Drones or flying cameras
- Unwanted emotional baggage
- No unauthorized vending is permitted. Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors are not permitted.
- Anything of great value!
Medical and Safety Concerns
Nothing is more important than your safety and well-being. As a result, medical tents will be strategically placed throughout the festival grounds, clearly marked and visible from a distance. Trained EMTs will be on hand in these tents to address any and all medical incidents, so don't be afraid to stop by – even if you just have a question.
Furthermore, if you see anyone at the festival who appears to require medical attention, please notify a member of the medical or security team, or even assist him/her in finding their way to the medical tent (s). Please keep an eye out for one another! Finally, anyone bringing prescription medication or a syringe for medical purposes (including epi-pens) must present the medication, prescription label, and a photo ID at the festival entrance.
Getting to the Governor's Ball
Citi Field is one of the city's most accessible locations, and there are numerous ways to get to and from the festival, as follows:
Metro-North: Take the 7 train to Mets/Willets Point. If you don't live near a 7-train station, enter Citi Field into Google Maps and select the train/bus icon.
- LIRR (Long Island Railroad): Take the LIRR to Mets-Willets Point (only a 15-minute ride from Penn Station). Trains will run every 30 minutes to the Mets–Willets Point station until 1:00 a.m.
- Bus: The Q48 bus runs directly to Citi Field. If you're not near a Q48 bus stop, enter Citi Field into Google Maps and select the train/bus icon.
- Walking/Biking: It is very easy to walk or bike to Citi Field, and dedicated bike parking will be located near the main entrance.
- Cars: There will be extremely limited parking available at Citi Field during the Gov Ball festival. To purchase parking for festival days, you must pay in advance. You will not be able to pay for on-site parking and will be turned away.
- Drop-Off/Pick-Up: Drop-offs and pick-ups are ONLY permitted on 126th Street between Shea Road and Roosevelt Avenue.
What are the tickets available?
- Three-day and one day General Admission Tickets – Attend the festival for all three days and the entire lineup, or just one day and its corresponding lineup.
- Three-day and one day VIP Ticket – Includes all of the benefits of a General Admission Ticket as well as additional comfort and premium viewing.
- Three-day Platinum Ticket – Includes all of the benefits of a VIP ticket, as well as exclusive viewing at the front of each stage, access to a backstage, open-bar hospitality area, and other perks.
- Cabanas – Secure, private, exclusive areas for large groups, plush with high-end hospitality service, and much more. This is the most opulent way to enjoy the festival, and it is ideal for corporate groups and upscale visitors.
How many tickets can I purchase? Is there a period limit?
Yes, there is a 6-ticket purchase limit for the event. This limit applies to each person, transaction, credit card, billing address, email address, and other factors.
Any individual or group who exceeds the ticket limit in any way is subject to and risks order cancellation and refunding at the discretion of Gov Ball and its partners at any time after the initial purchase.
Ticket Layaway Plan
All ticket types are eligible for layaway plans. During the transaction, you can select the layaway plan option. Please keep in mind that there is a minimum order total required to be eligible for the plan.
Following the first installment, all subsequent installments will be charged automatically to the card provided at the outset. Are you curious about the payment schedule for your layaway plan? Simply look at the bottom of your Front Gate email receipt for a reminder of your schedule and the amount that will be charged on each date.
If Gov Ball 2022 is canceled or rescheduled, refunds will be issued. Please keep in mind that tickets can only be purchased through the authorized ticket vendor, Front Gate Tickets.
Shipment details of Wristband
Wristbands will be shipped 2-4 weeks before the festival. If you have not received your wristband(s) 72 hours before the festival begins verify the authorized website.
We strongly advise you to activate your Gov Ball wristband. Wristband activation ensures a smooth process when entering the festival each day and protects your investment. Once you've activated your wristband, you'll be able to sign up for Gov Ball Cashless, which allows for quick and easy payments throughout the park.
Whether you decide to attend the Gov Ball Cashless party or not, you must activate your wristband. Each wristband will be personalized to YOU using RFID technology! However, only after you have activated your wristband!
This simple action will protect your investment and ensure that the unique ID associated with your wristband is linked to the correct person. If you have any problems entering or exiting the festival grounds, activated ticketholders will receive faster assistance.
Who will be performing at this year's Governors Ball?
Kid Cudi, Halsey, J. Cole, Flume, Aly & AJ, Soccer Mommy, Playboi Carti, Roddy Ricch, Glass Animals, Migos, Jack Harlow, Kaytranada, Joji, Louis The Child, Clairo, Jazmine Sullivan, Still Woozy, 100 Gecs, Japanese Breakfast, Becky G, Black Pumas, and others will perform over the weekend.
What food vendors will be present at Governors Ball?
Mac Truck NYC, Destination Dumplings, Doughnuttery, Lobster Joint, Van Leeuwen Ice Cream, Empanada Papa, La Newyorkina, Souvlaki GR, San Matteo Pizzeria e Cucina, Four Boys, Roberta's Pizza
Do they allow smoking and vaping at Governors Ball?
If you smoke, you should leave your cigarettes at home. Governors Ball 2021 is a no-smoking event, and security will confiscate all smoking devices (including e-cigarettes and vape pens).
What is the COVID-19 Policy, and are there any entry requirements for the festival?
Safety is always our top priority, and please know that we are collaborating closely with City and State officials on all COVID-19-related issues. To attend the festival, you must have either a full COVID-19 vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test result. Acceptable documentation includes your actual vaccination card, a photocopy or photo of your vaccination card, or the presentation of the NYC Covid Safe App or NYS Excelsior App. Any changes to this policy will be announced both here and on our social media accounts.
What exactly is a "full COVID-19 vaccination"?
To be fully vaccinated in time for Gov Ball, you must have received your most recent Moderna or Pfizer (or single Johnson & Johnson) dose two weeks prior. If you have any questions about COVID-19 vaccines or want to find a vaccination location near you, please contact us.
What are the specifics of a negative COVID-19 test for entry?
Patrons who are not fully vaccinated must obtain a negative COVID-19 test result within 72 hours (3 days) of each day they attend the event. Acceptable documentation includes your actual negative COVID-19 test result or a photocopy of your negative COVID-19 test result, which will be checked upon entry.
Location & Hours of the Box Office
There is only one main box office, which is located near the festival's main entrance. Each day of the festival, from 11:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m., the box office will be open for will-call pickup and ticket purchases (if they are still available).
Policy on Bags
Because of security concerns, the only bags permitted into the festival are small CLEAR bags (no larger than 12" x 6" x 12") / small clutch-type bags (no larger than 4.5" x 6.5") / one-gallon clear plastic freezer bag (Ziploc bag or similar).
CamelBaks are permitted to enter the festival, but they must be empty at the time of entry and allow the "bladder" to be removed from the bag for a visual inspection by security. Any Camelbak with a "bladder" that cannot be removed from the carrier and/or is opaque enough to prevent a visual inspection will be denied entry.
Rain or Shine
The festival will take place rain or shine. Ponchos, boots, umbrellas, and rubber duckies are recommended in the event of rain. Sunglasses, sunscreen, water, and pink flamingos are recommended in the event of sunshine.
Where should I fly/Train/Bus in?
Flying? The New York City area is served by three airports: LGA, JFK, and EWR. Keep in mind that EWR is in New Jersey and is a bit further away when booking.
Getting on the Choo-Choo? You can take Amtrak or NJ Transit to Penn Station, where you can transfer to the LIRR and proceed directly to the festival. You can also take Metro North to Grand Central Station, where you can transfer to the 7 train, which will take you directly to the festival. Are you rocking the bus? Most major bus lines serve Port Authority, and some smaller bus lines serve other parts of the city. All you need to do is make sure your destination is in the city, and you'll be fine.
What to wear to the Governors Ball Music Festival?
Something about a finely crafted fishnet screams versatility. Patterned stockings are always a good idea, whether you're scream-crying to Bridgers or dancing to J Balvin. They look great under a dress, ripped shorts, or romper.
The weather forecast for this weekend is mostly sunny, and even if it wasn't, sunglasses are a must-have for festivals. Colored sunglasses are fun and bold, while more subdued ones still add a much-needed pop of color to any outfit.
Instead of a fanny pack, which is a music festival must-have, try a small purse this year. Little crossbody bags are all the rage right now, and they can add a splash of color or a statement pattern to your outfit, taking it to the next level. Fanny packs are passé, and crossbody bags are simply more fashionable.
Satin or sheer
This season, it's all about wearing satin. This could be your perfect Gov Ball piece, whether it's a crop top or a long dress. Sheer is another popular material for festival wear, and it can be easily paired with a variety of different accessories. So, when you're out shopping for your signature look, keep an eye out for the soft stuff.
Is it necessary for me to wear a mask to the Governors Ball?
No masks will be required in any space at Governors Ball, regardless of vaccination status. Gov. Ball will have to trust that you'll keep that mask secure all weekend if you're unvaccinated. You can still reduce your risk and have a great time if you take the proper precautions (such as getting fully vaccinated before you go).
What is the Governors Ball Music Festival in NYC?
What is the Governors Ball Music Festival in New York City?The Governors Ball Music Festival in New York City is a massive multi-genre music festival. The festival, which celebrated its tenth anniversary edition last year, is entering its second decade as one of the country's premier musical gatherings.
Gov Ball, which moved to Citi Field in Queens last year, uses the famous New York skyline as a backdrop and gives attendees free rein to explore the city after the headliner closes the main stages each day.
Governors Ball's star-studded and ever-eclectic lineups draw from the hip-hop, rock, pop, and electronic spectrums, ensuring that it remains one of the country's most respected, talked about, hyped, and sought-after music festivals.
If you like different genres of music and performing is your passion, you now have a space to be creative and connect with fans or people. Turntable is an all new music metaverse dedicated to providing opportunities and for DJ’s and artists.