EDC Las Vegas: Everything you need to know
What is EDC in Las Vegas?
What exactly is EDC in Las Vegas? The largest celebration for fans of electronic dance music, EDC – Electric Daisy Carnival, takes place in Las Vegas. More than 300,000 revelers attend the festival, which includes art, carnival rides, circus-style performances, and all of the top EDM DJs. With spectacular firework displays every night, performers roaming the festival grounds, and massive art installations, the spirit of EDC promotes love, community, and a shared love of music and dancing.
The EDC Las Vegas 2022 (Electric Daisy Carnival Las Vegas) will be an incredible gathering of music, art, and individuality, and will be one of the world's largest dance parties, taking over the city with a colorful crowd of music lovers and party fans.
Enter a world of three-dimensional superstructures, vibrant glow-in-the-dark environments, and LED-infused flora and fauna. The interactive art installations scattered throughout EDC are vital components of the experience, serving as bridges between nature and technology, inspiring all who come into contact with them.
Funkdafied Freaks are EDC's dancers, stilters, aerialists, circus performers, and other zany characters! This motley crew, decked out in outrageous costumes made especially for Insomniac, will enchant, astound, and play with you all night.
Live performances are available at one of the themed bars or the open-air theater, or you can take the stage yourself at the Tokyo-style karaoke bar! Tie the knot in one of the beautiful chapels, or make a commitment to your festie bestie at the free Commitment Deck. Then, at the Headlight Disco or the Silent Disco, dance in the dark or with headphones on.
The legendary kineticFIELD has taken on many forms, including a cathedral for sonic worship, a crystal village inhabited by owl guardians, a temple of sacred sounds, mother Gaia's open arms, the epicenter of universal love, and the embodiment of movement and energy.
Congregate with your fellow Headliners at cosmicMEADOW to kick off the festival with EDC's epic EDC Opening Ceremony. Then immerse yourself in the sounds of HARD, a three-day extravaganza featuring the biggest names in electronic music and hip-hop.
CircuitGROUNDS, another renowned stage that has evolved over time, features LED walls and plumes of fire that ignite the atmosphere, producing positively charged energy felt far beyond our own perceptions.
We keep it dark, deep, and mysterious. Factory 93 opens the doors to neonGARDEN, a space where subliminal minimalism and immersive live art collide with cutting-edge technology and expertly curated deep house and techno.
Headbangers flock to bassPOD, the proving ground for the Bassrush horde, on an annual basis. Fans of dubstep, bass house, drum & bass, and trap can all be found here. Take hold of the rail with both hands and prepare to go fast.
Throughout its history at EDC, wasteLAND has been a haven for ravers seeking the blistering tempos and unrelenting energy of hard dance, hardcore, and all forms of hardstyle. Hello and welcome to the Basscon universe.
Take Rainbow Road to reach a higher level of consciousness. Join the international Trance Fam at quantumVALLEY, where Dreamstate showcases the entire trance spectrum, from flowing, ethereal melodies to complex psychedelic strains.
Consider the various shades of dance music, from house to tech house to bass music and beyond. StereoBLOOM, curated by the ever-expanding family at Insomniac Music Group, features sounds from well-known artists as well as newcomers.
These are mobile sound systems, which range from glowing buggies to massive party ships, can be found roaming the Speedway, broadcasting all types of dance music. If you go exploring, you might catch a special DJ set!
When is EDC Las Vegas?
Friday, May 20, Saturday, May 21, and Sunday, May 22 are the dates.
Opening Ceremony: 5:00–7:00 p.m.; full grounds open: 7:00–5:30 a.m.
Set times will be posted on this site, social media sites, the Insomniac app, and via email updates in the days leading up to the festival. Set times will also be listed on the festival guide that you will receive upon entry. The lineup is subject to alteration.
The festival will go on rain or shine. Please stay up to date on weather forecasts and plan your clothing and preparations accordingly.
There will be no tolerance for drug use or possession. Police officers will be stationed both inside and outside the event, and all drug laws will be strictly enforced. Take responsibility and make wise decisions.
Entry & Security
By purchasing a ticket, you agree to a thorough TSA-style search, which may include emptying your pockets and bags, having all of your belongings examined, a full pat-down, and possibly removing your shoes.
ID & AGE
To enter, you must be 18 or older, and 21 or older for alcohol/VIP. A photo ID is required.
What time does EDC Las Vegas start ?
Wednesday, May 18th: 2 p.m. – 12 a.m.
Thursday, May 19th, 11 a.m. – 12 a.m.
Friday, May 20: 11 a.m. to 3 a.m.
Saturday, May 21: 2 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Sunday, May 22nd, from 2 p.m. to 2 a.m.
A general admission experience pass allows you to enter EDC and immerse yourself in 9 unique sound arenas, explore dozens of interactive art installations, enjoy free carnival rides and games, and witness epic sets from the world's biggest DJs.
The GA+ Experience Pass, in addition to everything the GA Experience has to offer, enhances your festival experience with expedited, dedicated entry and special access to premium, air-conditioned restroom trailers.
Take your festival weekend to the next level by experiencing EDC's exclusive side, which includes everything from fast entry and elevated viewing decks to gourmet food and drink options and VIP-only activities and entertainment such as our beauty bars. With the VIP Enhanced Experience Pass, you'll get all of this and more!
Is it expected that all tickets will be sold?
There is always the possibility that the event will sell out, in which case no additional tickets will be sold. So, get your tickets now to avoid missing out!
What payment methods are available for purchasing tickets?
Cards such as credit and debit are accepted.
What is the maximum number of tickets that I can purchase?
The number of tickets available per person is limited to four (4).
Should I expect an email confirming my purchase?
You should receive a confirmation email shortly after making your purchase. If you don't (be sure to check your junk folder).
How can I avoid ticket swindling?
Purchasing tickets directly from Front Gate is the best way to avoid ticket fraud. If you arrive at the venue with an illegitimate ticket, you will be turned away and will not receive a refund.
Will each ticket come with a commemorative box?
Each order includes one box. For example, if you buy four tickets in one order, you will be given a single box.
Where is EDC Las Vegas Located?
Expo at World Market Center 35 South Grand Central Parkway 89106 Las Vegas, Nevada
Maintain a full gas tank! If you run out of gas, a gas station is only a few steps away. On your way out of the venue, take Speedway Blvd toward the I-15 and then turn left onto N. Hollywood Blvd. The station will be on your right almost immediately.
If at all possible, please rideshare. This will reduce the number of vehicles on the road and, as a result, everyone's travel time.
Premier Parking saves you time and money. You'll be able to get in and out of the parking lot more easily, allowing you to spend more time enjoying the festival.
Parking in general is completely free. The largest and easiest-to-access parking lots are on the west and south sides (Brown and Green Lots), which are accessible via Las Vegas Blvd.
Taxi, Rideshare, and Guest Drop-Offs
Are you taking Uber to EDC Las Vegas? Riders should expect longer wait times, dynamic pricing, and product unavailability due to the Speedway's distance from downtown and other large-scale events in Las Vegas, given the Speedway's distance from downtown and other large-scale events in Las Vegas. We're still working hard to get you to EDC, but there may be limited reliability due to high demand. Investigate alternate modes of transportation to and from EDC Las Vegas.
Acceptable Identification Forms
- Any driver's license or ID card issued by the United States government that includes a photograph and date of birth.
- A passport issued by the United States or a foreign government that includes a photograph and date of birth
- A foreign government-issued driver's license or ID, as well as a color photocopy of a passport (Not valid for 21+ wristbands). A physical passport or US ID will be required to purchase alcohol or enter VIP areas.)
- Temporary DMV documents demonstrating that you are currently renewing a license—ONLY if accompanied by a passport or an expired license.
- School ID
- Consular ID
- Birth certificate
- Expired ID of any kind
- Photocopy of any ID (except as noted)
- Temporary DMV license without passport or expired license
Policies for the Festival
- Re-entry/ins & outs per day (check out Camp EDC Entry for camping in & out policies)
- Refunds or exchanges
- Sitting on designated dancefloor areas
- Moshing, crowd-surfing or stage-diving
- Unauthorized/unlicensed vendors
- Unauthorized solicitations, handbills, sampling, giveaways, etc.
Mood Glow Shiftpod Campin
Moon Glow Camping provides the convenience of a pre-setup ShiftPod2—a shelter system made of weather-resistant fabric to protect against the elements.
Desert Rose Shiftpod Camping
Desert Rose Camping provides the convenience of a pre-setup ShiftPod2 as well as proper beds, linens, and pillows.
Camping in an RV
On-site, you can drive your own RV! There is a designated plot as well as options for power hookups, RV water refills, and pump-outs.
What should you bring to EDS Las Vegas?
- Cell phones, portable chargers, and external batteries
- Cigarettes (which must be sealed upon entry) and lighters are permitted.
- DEODORANT (must be sealed at entry)
- E-cigarettes/Vapes (Refillable liquid chambers OK, but must be empty when entering). One sealed/unopened bottle of E-liquid or E-juice will be permitted.)
- Fanny packs
- Festival totems or decorated pool noodles are acceptable.
- Flags/banners or handcrafted signs (no corporate/company branding or hard flagpoles)
- Glowsticks and other glowing/illuminated costumes or jewelry
- GUM (must be sealed upon entry)
- Hand sanitizer (up to 2oz)
- Hula hoops, including LED hula hoops
- Hydration packs with no more than two main compartments and one smaller compartment are permitted (must be empty upon entry)
- INFLATABLES, YES (must be deflated upon entry)
- Juuls (one sealed Juul Pod OK at entry)
- LED whips, pois, and orbitals are available.
- Lip balm, lip gloss, and lipstick are all options (must be sealed upon entry)
- Non-professional flash/still cameras, handheld video devices smaller than 6 inches (Sony Action Cam, GoPro, Polaroids, etc.)
- A personal misting fan with a 1.5L bottle (must be empty upon arrival)
- Physician-prescribed medication that is not expired (must show prescription and consult with a safety officer upon entry)
- Make-up powder (liquid makeup is prohibited)
- Rain ponchos and umbrellas that collapse to less than 10 inches in length
- Bottles that can be reused (must be empty upon entry)
- Sealed Hand Sanitizer up to 3 FL. OZ.
- Self-portrait sticks
- Small bags, single-compartment bags, plush bags, and purses (maximum size 12′′x12′′)
- Hats and sunglasses
- Sunblock lotion (inspected upon entry)
- Tampons and pads (must be sealed at entry)
- Wet wipes (must be sealed at entry)
- Aerosol products/cans
- Balls or Frisbees
- Bota bags
- Costumes that resemble public safety uniforms (police, SWAT, fire, security, or medical) in any way
- Drones, remote-controlled aircraft, toys
- Drugs or drug paraphernalia
- Eye drops (available inside festival at the general store)
- Gas masks
- Glass, cans, cups or coolers
- Helium balloons
- Illegal substances
- Large chains or spiked jewelry
- Large purses, bags or backpacks (over 12″×12″)
- Laser pointers and air horns
- LED gloves or LED microlights used for light shows
- Liquid makeup
- Markers, pens or spray paint
- Open packs of cigarettes (upon entry)
- Outside food or beverages (including alcohol and candy)
- Over-the-counter medication (available inside festival at general store or from a first aid station)
- Professional photo, video, or audio recording equipment (no detachable lenses, tripods, big zooms or commercial-use rigs)
- Stickers, flyers
- Stuffed animals or dolls
- Tents, large umbrellas, chairs or blankets
- Toy guns, water guns, slingshots
- Unsealed tampons or pads (upon entry)
- Weapon or weapon accessories of any kind, real or fictional (including whips, lightsabers, pocket knives, pepper spray, fireworks, fake weapons/props, etc.)
- Wind chairs/sofas
Accessibility for Wheelchairs
People with mobility disabilities can easily navigate the venue. The event is held on concrete with some turf overlay. While the accessible entrance at Gate S is slightly slanted into the venue, the majority of the infield is relatively flat. Parking, entrances, stages, ADA viewing areas, vendors, and all other activity areas are all connected by accessible pathways.
All guests with mobility issues are encouraged to use personal transportation, such as wheelchairs and scooters. If your motorized wheelchair needs to be recharged, you can do so at the Accessibility Services kiosk. Patrons should bring all necessary cords and accessories to charge their devices. Chargers must be powered by a 110-volt, 20-amp circuit.
Parking for the Disabled
The Speedway has a designated parking area for people with disabilities on the south side of the track. Take I-15 to the Apex exit, turn right, then turn right on Speedway Blvd, and then follow the signs to the ADA parking.
To enter this parking lot, you must have a valid handicap placard, permit, or license plate. The person who received the handicap credential must be present in the vehicle, either as a driver or a passenger.
Accessibility Services Kiosk
An Accessibility Services kiosk will be conveniently located near the bottom of the slope after the S gate, nearly beneath the EDC billboard. You can do the following at this location:
- Obtain an ADA wristband credential.
- Get answers to your ADA questions.
- Find out more about our accessibility services.
Policies Concerning Wristbands:
- ADA wristbands are valid for the entire weekend.
- ADA Wristbands can only be obtained at the Access Center. The Box Offices at EDC do not have ADA wristbands.
- DO NOT REMOVE YOUR WRISTBAND DURING THE ENTIRE EVENT.
- Each disabled patron will receive one companion wristband.
- If a disabled guest wishes to change their companion, they should bring the old companion wristband to the Accessibility Services kiosk to be reissued.
Food and Drinks
Throughout the event, there are food and beverage stands, as well as roaming vendors selling water, snacks, and other beverages. There will be vegan and vegetarian options available. Credit cards, debit cards, Apple Pay, and Android Pay will all be accepted.
Beer and liquor will be served at bars located throughout the festival. The number of service hours available may be limited. To consume alcohol, you must be at least 21 years old.
Stations of Free Water Refill
Keep hydrated! At our free hydration stations, you can fill up your Insomniac bottle (which you can get at our merch booth), hydration pack, or any empty beverage container (purchased inside the festival). To locate the nearest station, look for the water droplet symbol on a festival map.
How many people attended EDC Las Vegas 2021?
How many people went to the EDC Las Vegas 2021? Over the course of the weekend, approximately 500,000 people attended the festival. Aerial views of the Las Vegas Motor Speedway's 2021 edition of EDC Las Vegas is a proof of the large crowd.
Music festivals connect the world through music but a virtual space will allow you to do that without living the comforts of your home. Take the time to get to know other people and listen to a wide variety of music to your heart’s content. Music is better when shared with Turntable.